The feedback you get from your recipients turns out to be valuable information that can help you improve customer satisfaction by reducing their complaints. Reporting spam is a great use of feedback.
Services called Feedback Loops are available, for which you as a marketer should be signed up, to keep track of all the customer feedback that is important to you. Feedback Loops function in this way: They allow your recipients to report spam through their email service provider, and then bring it to you- the email sender.
It happens that your delivery rate is too low in spite of your campaign being completely spam free. These deliverability problems account for the reputation of the email sender, which is turn improved by Feedback Loops. This is done by deleting the uninterested subscribers from your list and eventually reducing your complaint rate.
Feedback Loops for Successful Deliverability
- Keep an account of your complaint rate, that is, the number of messages that were successfully delivered to the inbox Vs those delivered to the spam folder.
- Try to judge why the subscribers are complaining, based on your complaint rates and take necessary steps to minimize those complaints in future.
- Consider using the complaint rates and other valuable information from the feedback loops, in your content testing plans for your email marketing campaign.
- You should indicate the subscribers who were removed by feedback loops in a proper way, in order to avoid confusing them with other bounce backs or unsubscriptions.
- Use bulk email marketing services which offer you options to remove the feedback loop complainants automatically from your list.
Further, Feedback Loops offer different kinds of conveniences to the subscribers. They allow them to change their email reception preferences like email frequency, type (according to relevance), etc. Thus they reduce complaint rates considerably by organising explicit permission based bulk email marketing. When subscribers have a choice of receiving their relevant content at their preferred frequency,the complaint rate is bound to reduce and this helps Bulk Email Marketing in the long run.